We all tax our nails for different reasons, and these actions end up with us having weak nails. These activities may be things that we even take for granted such as wearing acrylic nails, using our nails as tools or even just hand washing our favorite shirt. Some actions expose our nails to chemicals that weaken our nails, others just add additional stress. Whatever action we may have done, the important thing is that we are able to strengthen them again. Here are a few tips to do just that:
1) Use nail strengthening products there are a lot of these in the market. They often boast of the things that they can do to nails, but make sure that you read the reviews. This will help you avoid scams. Also, avoid products that contain formaldehyde as these do not help strengthen the nails, but instead dry them up and cause them to be brittle.
2) Eat well the growth of your nails depends on nutrients that you get from your food. Make sure to maintain a balanced diet. Take your fair share of fruits and green leafy vegetables for additional nutrients. Vitamin, iron, calcium and zinc supplements may also help strengthening your nails.
3) Wear gloves As stated above, we expose our nails to a lot of products that are harmful. We may not be sure which are harmful and which are not, so make it a habit to wear gloves when dealing with water and other cleaning agents.
4) Use cuticle oil When giving yourself manicures at night, apply cuticle oil. This will help keep the cuticles soft and allow good and smooth growth of the nails.
5) Consult a doctor some weak nails may be caused by infections and other attacks on our body. Though they may not look serious, some of them may turn out to be so if left unattended. If something looks extremely unusual with the nail, then seek medical help. Some doctors can find out a lot about our bodies through the nails, as they could indicate several things.
A lot of us don't pay much attention to our fingernails. It's about time that we do, because they say a lot about how we take care of ourselves. Good nails don't usually get much attention. But when one has a bad set of nails, everyone will be able to notice it, even when we try to hide them. So stop taking them for granted and start paying attention to how they are treated!