There’s good news and bad news that comes with a toenail fungus infection. Good news is it’s not life threatening. Bad news is that it can change your self esteem, it’s annoying and it hurts.
Some telltale signs might be:
* The nail can turn a different color, the whole nail or it might be discolored in spots.
* The nail might have an nonuniform shape or become brittle, thinner or thicker.
* Disconnected nail – possibly the nail could be disconnected from the nail bed.
* Seepage out of the nail bed – this can smell awful.
After treatment for toenail fungal infection, this disease can hide for a while. You might not see any symptoms, then BAM! it’s back and still you’re not done with it yet. In order to treat and cure this toenail infection a few things you have to keep in mind. It you catch this infection before it takes root in your nail bed, your chances are better of ridding yourself of the fungus. It can take a while with the treatments, but if you keep at it, it’s possible to do away with this infection.
Not the easiest thing to deal with, toenail fungal infection. Prevention is best.
Prevention advice to avoid a toenail fungus infection:
* Take the time to properly dry your feet and wear 100% cotton socks when possible.
* If you wear shoes that make your feet sweat, you may consider buying different ones.
* Deep six those old shoes that don’t give good support or don’t fit anymore. You definitely don’t want any irritation or rubbing on your toes.
* If you swim at a public swimming pool, wear sandals or thongs to and from the change room – the less time you have contact with the wet surfaces there, the better. Immediately rinse and dry your feet after you swim.
* Last but not least, eat a healthy diet. Your overall health and well being are important.
The main reason in the breakdown to eliminate the toenail infection is the fact that we are all very busy these days. We have very little time to commit to our own well being, but in order to address a fungal toenail infection, you must be determined to set aside some time to complete the treatment. Sometimes these treatments need repeated applications a few times a day, so it’s essential to give the time to follow the prescribed treatment.